Secure Data Destruction and Eradication
There are lots of questions that arise during the sale and process of used IT equipment that stores sensitive corporate, personal, health, financial or other sensitive data.
We can help you answer these questions and more:
- How sensitive is your data? Can I degauss the data? Should I overwrite the data? Does the Storage device need to be destroyed after data eradication? Is my data safe?
- We understand your concerns. We know the legal and regulatory implications if your data is not properly handled.
- There are typically two ways to ensure the data is completely eradicated and cannot be recovered. One is to degauss the magnetic media and the other is to re-write over the existing data, full length, every track, and every bit position.
Degaussing, popularly known as bulk erasing, permanently erases all data from magnetic storage media by deleting, formatting and controlling the information on the track. Hard drive degaussing exposes equipment to a powerful magnetic field to ensure removal of data from the media. This method is perfect for small and medium-sized business that are looking for a budget-friendly way to destroy old hard drives and media tapes.
Physical Data Destruction
Physical destruction guarantees that your information is irretrievable. We use top of the line shredders to streamline the process as shredding is the most secure and cost-effective way to dispose of all types of storage media.
Can be degaussed:
Hard Drives, optical disks, 3592, T10K, LTO, 3590, 9840, 9940, and T-10000 cannot be degaussed.
Degaussing these media types destroys the servo track(s).
Secure Data Erasure
Looking for a way to securely erase e-data, but still retain the physical hard drive? Drive erasure is perfect for businesses that have off-lease equipment or hard drives for reuse, redeployment or high remarking value.
We provide years of experience in secure data eradication
Our data destruction methods are fully compliant with the following legal and regulatory frameworks:
- Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Computer Matching and Privacy Protection Act
- Computer Security Act
- Sarbanes Oxley regulations (SOX)
- Payment Card Information (PCI)
- Department of Defense standards (DoD)
We provide certified data destruction
We provide a data destruction certificate for every order.